Странице

Jul 19, 2014

My New Phone Cover

I've just got tired of my few months old phone cover. It has been used too long. I usually don't use hand made things too long, I love to make new ones very often, don't like monotony. So, here came the new one.

I didn’t' have some particular idea of what it would look like. Just took some cotton yarn scratches, started a beginning chain and here it came... First line in double crochet, all others in single rib crochet. I like red, it is my favorite color. Surprisingly, I didn't have any phone cover in red... This one had to be! 


To break the monotony just a bit, I added some pastel tones, apricot and pink. And finished in red.



I finished it and I didn't like it totally... Something was missing, I couldn't find out what. And then my magic box came on the stage. Beads, pendants, appliques, flowers, hearts, wooden buttons... I was digging and digging, putting one after another on the phone cover to try what it would look like... And couldn't decide.

Finally, I took the photos of every single combination I tried, then made a collage of them and choose one. I found it looking really pretty this way.



My phone now has a winter coat :) In the middle of the summer...

We'll see... If it gets too warm, I am going to make him some summer clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment