Странице

Mar 6, 2015

Sewing - skill, art, pleasure...

I went to a shopping mole today, trying to find some new clothes for myself. And I found - nothing! Why?
There was a nice dress in one shop. I liked the model, but I didn't like the pattern. I would like to have one in some other colors. And even some other pattern. Maybe some other fabric would fit better to me? OK, I went to the other shop.
I found some great trousers. But again in wrong fabric. No, I won't wear this.
Oh, such a cute blouse. Magnificent pattern, beautiful colors. But what about this shape? No, I would change it for sure...




So, I realized why I never find industrial clothes that fit me. I started sewing for myself at the age of thirteen. For the beginning I made some simple skirts, then some T-shirts, simple summer dresses... In a short time, I started to use patterns from sewing magazines and changed them at my own opinion, made some totally different things than those in magazine. I used just a basic shapes. But fabrics, details, colors, patterns I used were something made just in my head. Sometimes they appeared during the sewing process... In a minute I changed everything and made something totally different than the original idea. That is something great. You never know what is going to get out under your sewing machine...


No comments:

Post a Comment